It's crazy how much life can change in a few short months. I have to admit, my first 6-7 months in Japan were not so great. But now, I am really considering trying to stay for another 6-7 months. It's been in the back of my mind for a month or two now, but just this week it became a much serious thought. In order to do so, several things would have to fall into place: a new job, someone to sponsor a new visa, and a new apartment, and a refunded/postponed plane ticket. And all that would have to happen in six weeks' time. Whew. I know that if this is of God, then all of that is most definitely possible. So that's where I am at the moment--questioning. Is this of God or is this my own desire? My main reason for wanting to stay is to enjoy church and become more involved there and to get to know Japan--and more specifically Osaka--better. Soooo, if I don't stay, I'll be moving in with my parents in Fayetteville, NC, which is a place completely unfamiliar to me. At this point I'm looking toward no job, no friends, no church. Again, I know that if that is where God is sending me for a time, that all of those things will come together. I'm not worried about that. Basically, though, while it would be good to spend time with my parents, there is nothing else drawing me to Fayetteville at this point. Which leaves me to feel, why not stay in Japan? I'm young, I'm single, and I'm free. I really do have a heart for these people now. I can see myself here longer term in the future. So why not spend as much time here as I possibly can? I can learn more about the culture, life in the city, another type of job, and hopefully some more of the language--all in addition to building more and deeper relationships at church. Whoever reads, this I would love your prayers right now. And we'll just see where God leads!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment