Life is finally becoming comfortable here. Not only have I begun to enjoy doing certain things by myself, but I am finally meeting people. I am getting more involved in a church in the city, and that is great. I am finally meeting people my age--and on top of that they are Christians. So awesome. The downside to all of this is that I'm leaving in three and a half months.
So April has been good. A few weeks ago, I had three days off work. So I went to Osaka Castle, an awesome park in Tondabaya City, and Arashiyama. The next weekend brought the height of the cherry blossoms. On Saturday, I went to Tsurumi-Ryokuchi Park in Osaka with people from church. Then Sunday was Easter--also a good day with people at church. On Monday, I went to Himeji Castle. It was interesting, but there were sooo many people. I hate crowds.
Last weekend, I had a few guys from the States stay with me on Thursday and Friday night. I then ended up catching a ride to Hiroshima with them on Saturday. It's interesting to experience other parts of Japan. I don't realize how used to Osaka I am until I get out. Anyway, Hiroshima is a nice city and obviously has an interesting history due to WWII. The Peace museum was definitely a good experience. Of course, most of the perspective is from the Japanese side, but I think it does show the facts and the decisions leading to the decision of the U.S. to drop the A-bomb on Hiroshima and end the war in a pretty fair way.
So, ten more days until Golden Week. Even though I can't afford to really go anywhere, I am definitely looking forward to the break.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Really?
Posted by Anything Worth Saying at Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment